[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya as a Houdini Modeling tool...

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Sat Aug 28 10:07:08 EDT 2010

I use a lot the Curve Sop to create different procedural setups but I
miss the ability to select many points and transform them on a custom
pivot all at the same time. As some people once answered me, I could
append an Edit Sop after but when I want to add points, the pipeline
start to be heavy.

An other example, if you want to create a hair setup made from a polygon
cage and you need the interactivity to see the resulting hair created
from your modeling, the same limitation applies to vertex manipulation.

In short, Houdini modeling tools are not as good  as other software.

François