[Sidefx-houdini-list] paper fold

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Aug 27 11:45:37 EDT 2010

Thanks George. Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking to
do ( I was hoping I might get lucky and there might be a bit more
explanation on the page).

I was able to develop a short procedure that dissolves off the edge
in question,
then uses a sort/shift and point SOP combo ( $TX2-$TX, etc ) to get
an axis running exactly along that edge.

I can then reference that back to the origin/direction on a transform
axis SOP (branched off of the main geometry) and that gives me the
proper
rotation axis for the primitive in question.

Not the most procedural method since the dissolved edge will need to
change if the incoming geometry changes.
But if the geometry is planned out a bit ahead of time this should
not be too bad to grunt through for 10-15 folds or so.
We'll see ......

Larry