[Sidefx-houdini-list] Curves normals

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:14:41 EDT 2010

2010/8/26 Szymon Kapeniak <szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com>:
>> The t is fine, going from 0 to 1 along the curve lenght, but s is
>> supposed to be along the curve "cross sections" width, and this is not
>> happening.
>
> Isn't it related to recent optimization in Mantra (ver11)?:
> """
> Tuesday, July 6, 2010
> Houdini 11.0.434: Optimize micropolygon rendering of curves by shading
> only a single edge of points on the curve rather than both edges. Add
> an option, vm_curvesurface, to enable the old behavior that shades
> curves as surfaces.
> """
Thanks Simon, this seems to be the solution, but unfortunately is not
doing nothing.
I have tried to add to the object, material and even the mantra node
but I got the same render as without it.
I am using H11.0.446.9
Looking at the explanation this render property is what I ahve been
looking for, but or is not implementes, or has a bug because the s
texture coordinate is still not created.

> hth,
> skk.

Un saludo
Best Regards