[Sidefx-houdini-list] Triggering events in an RBD sim

Spencer Lueders Spencer.Lueders at framestore.com
Thu Aug 26 09:21:56 EDT 2010

you can use the point()/prim() expressions

but AFAIK, you cannot have part of your rbd object have a glue strenth be 10 and another be 1000.  Each rbd object can only have a single value.

you can do something like this in the value you want to control.

prim($OBJID, 0, "Cd", 0)

Also, if your color value is changing over time then you do need to have "deforming geo" ticked on, or Im sure you can just import your color attr via a SOP Geometry/apply data DOP to avoid having to rebuild your collision SDFs and whatnot.