[Sidefx-houdini-list] Linear Workflow

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Aug 26 08:27:06 EDT 2010

This subject confuses me.

I thought Houdini already worked in linear space?

I thought Photoshop only generated sRGB texture so we have to apply a
lut (or a gamma correction to approximate it) when we read those
textures in our shaders?

When I read a Houdini image in Nuke. I set the read to linear and my
viewer color space to "none" and my image is exactly how I see it in
Mantra. Nuke works in linear so the gamma correction should be at the
end of it?

Why do we have to set the gamma correction to "Gamma 2.2" to match XSI
linear space????

Thanks for help me understand.

François