[Sidefx-houdini-list] Triggering events in an RBD sim

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Thu Aug 26 05:08:32 EDT 2010

  Hi Sean,

Yes still there :-)

Another way of setting up a relationship between your RBD object and the
point with changing colors is storing the reference number in a
primitive attribute inside the DOP object's geometry.
And then read that number with the following expression from the first
primitive in that geometry. ( I which we had group attributes so groups
could act as objects in Sop land )

prim($DOPNET+"/"+$OBJNAME+"/Geometry",0,"ref_point_nr",0)

and use it in a point() expression to get the value from SOPS.

point("/obj/geo1/ref_points",
prim($DOPNET+"/"+$OBJNAME+"/Geometry",0,"ref_point_nr",0) , "Cd", 0)

And indeed as Vincent says don't forget to switch the parameter to "Set
Always"
Instead of using the glue values you could also switch the Glue Object
field to an empty field using a ifs() expression.

cheers,
benS