[Sidefx-houdini-list] Triggering events in an RBD sim

Vinz ubik.lists at noos.fr
Thu Aug 26 03:20:25 EDT 2010

I recently tried something similar.

The point position dop has an extra attribute field, so you can use that
with "dopoption(".", $OBJID, "CopyInfo", "copynum")" in the point
number, so that each object in your glue object looks up for a
corresponding point number and its attributes. (don't forget "set
always" and $T for the time)

(that's what is done in the rbd point object dop).

If you change the data name from position to something else you can then
modify the glue strentgh with a modify data and another dopoption
expression.

In sops I had a copy loop to have just a point corresponding to the
centroid of each piece.

But maybe as georg says a simple point() with $OBJID in a modify data
dop work as works as well, didn't tried that.

Vincent