[Sidefx-houdini-list] Triggering events in an RBD sim

Sean Lewkiw Sean.Lewkiw at cis-vancouver.com
Wed Aug 25 19:31:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have an RBD sim in which some objects are glued to an empty object.  I want to unglue them at a particular time based on something happening in SOP-land, (point colour changing).  Now, I used to know how to do this, but it's been years since I touched RBDs.

In fact, I searched the Mail List Archive, and there is a message from ME saying that this is possible and I'd post an example in a few days.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_mailarchive&Itemid=212&view=WEB&msgid=443148BD.3030202@framestore-cfc.com&perpage=20&revdate=off

Unfortunately, it looks like I lied, there is no trace of this alleged technique.

Can anyone help?  Schivers, you still here?

Sean

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any printout thereof. The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.