[Sidefx-houdini-list] Linear Workflow

Craig Hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 15:10:18 EDT 2010

 Is your monitor set to Linear space too?  If not, you should apply a gamma at the end of the chain to visualize the image properly.

Linearizing generally is something you do to textures before the render so the lighting math all works out correctly and then you gamma at the end of the render or composite to look at it- unless you have your monitor set up in linear space (but then everything else will look like garbage usually and life is generally painful).

 -Craig