[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering poligonal lines as hair/fur

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:32:47 EDT 2010

Hello.
I have a bunch of geometry created from lots of lsystem copied to  a
set of template points.
Currently I a mconverting them to opligons with some volume using the
PolyWire, which is getting slow and heavy in term os memory, so
looking to ways of optimize the process I was wondering if it is
possible to render these lines/curves created from lsystems as hair,
similar to what you can do in prman. You als oget the width parameter
from the lsystems so looks to me as a good place to try fur rendering.
I have been looking at the fur workflow in the help and seems you have
to use the fur mantra procedural to render fur. It is just possible to
tell to Mantra to threat my poly lines as curves and use the width
attribute to control the width of the fur curves?

Thanks

--
Un saludo
Best Regards