[Sidefx-houdini-list] noise() different in vex and in expression ?

Vinz ubik.lists at noos.fr
Mon Aug 16 18:00:45 EDT 2010

Hi,

Just continuing my study about noise in Houdini, I can't seem to find
the equivalent in vex of a simple noise() in a point sop.

With the same input, noise($TX,$TY,$TZ) in a point sop doesn't give the
same result as noise(P) in vex.

Even the characteristics of the noise seem different, noise() in vex
gives me only positive values, between 0.2 and 0.8 whereas noise() in my
point sop gives me values centered around 0, between -0.5  and 0.5.

onoise(P) is closer, but not the same either.

Thanks a lot,
Vincent