[Sidefx-houdini-list] Building a particle collision system

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Sun Aug 15 20:03:42 EDT 2010

I forgot to mention that I want to avoid SDF because even if I agree
that in many situations it's a great tool, in others it's just too heavy
to calculate to have a good resolution.

I started my collision system with this and then I had a shot where I've
got lots of rocks in a river separated by a great distance. The sdf had
to be huge. Thus I used many smaller SDF for each rock independently
merged but the Volume Sample Vop needs to know which primitive.

That's where I started to think about how fast and reliable Maya can do
collision on the fly without pre-baking. It should be like that in
Houdini too.

François