[Sidefx-houdini-list] H11 Apprentice installation without icons

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Fri Aug 13 08:59:50 EDT 2010

Alex Czetwertynski wrote:
> Hmm, this is my first install of 11.  I was running 10 until today
> and decided to upgrade. There is no Houdini folder in my $HOME
> folder, if I assume you mean the "~"  folder?  Or are you referring
> to a different $HOME?

The user preferences directory is different on OSX to more closely
conform with its conventions. The path Andrew mentioned is for other
platforms. So for Houdini 11.0, the actual preferences directory is:
     ~/Library/Preferences/houdini/11.0/

If it's your first install, then I recommend that you remove the entire
11.0 subdirectory altogether.

Cheers,
-Edward