[Sidefx-houdini-list] Perline Noise with Turbulence and other types of noise ?

Alvin Yap alvinyapvfx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 18:20:37 EDT 2010

If I am not mistaken, you are looking for the Anti-Aliased Noise VOP?
Playing with the roughness and octaves should bring you similar results.

If not, the Noise VEX function is perlin noise; you can write your own vex
code using that. I write my own noise code in vex using noise() in order to
have lacunarity controls.

Cell noise is available out of the box with vops: Look for the cellular
noise vop? Fractal cellular noise is interesting, I don't think the cellular
noise vop has it out of the box, but again, could use vex to write it.

Regards,
Alvin