[Sidefx-houdini-list] presets for the Cloth Object

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Aug 11 08:25:20 EDT 2010

I always try to avoid Dop and I did a shot of a rigid curtain deformed
by snakes. They wanted it to be done quick so I created a set of curves
deformed by a blend shape. Those curves were then driving the curtain
mesh. The interaction with the snake was very easy to model. As Andrew
said, a post jiggle was added on top of the animation with the help of chop.

It's a lot easier to do precisely the retakes also. Maybe you can keep
that as a B plan if you cannot make it work with cloth.

By the way I've noticed that a regular blend shape often gives a very cg
look for those kind of animation. This is because blend shape does a
linear spacial interpolation. I created a blend shape otl that does
cosine and cubical spacial interpolation on curves and it's amazing how
easy it is to throw down some curves and have a nice organic motion
going from one curve to the other.

François