[Sidefx-houdini-list] presets for the Cloth Object

Joe Barrow joe at primalpictures.com
Wed Aug 11 05:02:30 EDT 2010


I have tried this, but changing the bend model to strong results in such
massive calculation times that it becomes unusable as a solution,
doubtless of the values in the stiffness field. 

Maybe this is a bug ?

Cheers 

Jb 

-----Original Message-----
From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com
[mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of michiel
Sent: 10 August 2010 18:18
To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] presets for the Cloth Object

You will get a more rubber-like look by switching to the "strong" bend
model (see the Cloth Object material tab).
When you do this, you may want to set the bend stiffness much higher
than usual.

Michiel

On 10/08/2010 1:02 PM, Joe Barrow wrote:
> Ok will do. Thanks.
>
> Jb
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com
> [mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Andrew D 
> Lyons
> Sent: 10 August 2010 18:01
> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] presets for the Cloth Object
>
> Hmm. Ok. You may want to explore a SOP solver (maybe as well as the 
> cloth solver). Last time I checked the cloth solver really only liked 
> to produce cloth-like results.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 10 August 2010 09:33, Joe Barrow<joe at primalpictures.com>  wrote:
>    
>> I am really looking for a dops solution, as I have a simulation set 
>> up
>>      
>    
>> with rigid bodies pulling and poking my cloth object, I just need my 
>> cloth to be a bit more ridged and less floppy.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jb
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com
>> [mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Andrew D

>> Lyons
>> Sent: 10 August 2010 17:29
>> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] presets for the Cloth Object
>>
>> It should be possible (and advisable) to do this with a SOP solution.
>> CHOPs via the geometry CHOP can be used to generate any additional 
>> springs or procedural animation you may need.
>>
>> On 10 August 2010 09:03, Joe Barrow<joe at primalpictures.com>  wrote:
>>      
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Has anyone out there had any experience of setting up different 
>>> cloth
>>>        
>    
>>> types in dops ?
>>>
>>> I'm trying to create something that reacts a bit like a thick rubber

>>> sheet, and am ideally looking for a handy set of presets for the 
>>> Cloth
>>>        
>>      
>>> Object, but will settle for any hints or tips I can find.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> Jb
>>>
>>>
>>> ____________________________________________________________________
>>> _ _ This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company 
>>> registered
>>>        
>> in England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered
>> office: 4th Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, 
>> London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT registration No. 648874577.
>>      
>>> This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
>>>        
>> copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received 
>> it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail 
>> or
>>      
>    
>> by telephoning +44(0)20 7637 1010. Please then delete the e-mail and 
>> do not disclose its contents to any person.
>>      
>>> This email has been scanned for Primal Pictures by the MessageLabs
>>>        
>> Email Security System.
>>      
>>> ____________________________________________________________________
>>> _ _ _______________________________________________
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>>
>>>        
>>
>>
>> --
>> =======================================
>> Andrew D Lyons | Digital Artist | http://www.tstex.com 
>> =======================================
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>
>> _____________________________________________________________________
>> _ This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company 
>> registered
>>      
> in England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered
> office: 4th Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, 
> London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT registration No. 648874577.
>    
>> This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
>>      
> copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received 
> it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or

> by telephoning +44(0)20 7637 1010. Please then delete the e-mail and 
> do not disclose its contents to any person.
>    
>> This email has been scanned for Primal Pictures by the MessageLabs
>>      
> Email Security System.
>    
>> _____________________________________________________________________
>> _ _______________________________________________
>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>
>>      
>
>
> --
> =======================================
> Andrew D Lyons | Digital Artist | http://www.tstex.com 
> =======================================
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered
in England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered
office: 4th Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street,
London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT registration No. 648874577.
>
> This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it
in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by
telephoning +44(0)20 7637 1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not
disclose its contents to any person.
> This email has been scanned for Primal Pictures by the MessageLabs
Email Security System.
> ______________________________________________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>    

_______________________________________________
Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list

______________________________________________________________________
This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT registration No. 648874577.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20 7637 1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person.
This email has been scanned for Primal Pictures by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
______________________________________________________________________



More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list