[Sidefx-houdini-list] adding the node state of the curve sop to an otl

Tom Nixon ignivomous at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:16:36 EDT 2010

I am trying to make an python otl that drops points as I click in the scene
viewer - essentially a curve sop that doesn't create the curve. I am doing
this in part as an excercise (I know I can work around this with a curve and
add sop).

hou.SceneViewer.selectPositions() will return position vectors for a number
of positions, but the number of positions must be hard coded. I would like
to know a way to get functionality similar to the curve sop where you can
drop any number of points, even better if you can hit enter and continue to
add points. I suspect this could be done by making this the node state so
that I could use hou.SceneViewer.enterCurrentNodeState() to activate the
interface again, but I am at a loss as to how to make this happen as well.

Would someone out there be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Tom