[Sidefx-houdini-list] Open Source (was Alembic)

Nick nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 03:43:12 EDT 2010

I hope Alembic doesn't get picked up by the main 3d apps as a universal formet for geometry and caching. There doesnt seem to be a format that can keep everyside happy currently unless you have custom plugins for each app. What will hold this sort of format back is how Alembics arbitary data is maintend within the apps them selves, we all know houdini wont have a problem with that, but the rest is what im worried about.
Cheers
nick