[Sidefx-houdini-list] Open Source (was Alembic)

Agent Xray xray at agentxray.com
Mon Aug 2 14:55:11 EDT 2010

Another open source project I learned about during SIGGRAPH is something
called Cortex, started by Image Engine in Canada. I have not tried to work
with it yet but it looks interesting.

http://code.google.com/p/cortex-vfx/

It's good to see that people are developing open source code bases and
including support for Houdini. It seems like Cortex covers a lot of the
same ground that Alembic is working towards as far as storing baked
geometry and providing a set of procedurals for geometric primitives.

Cheers,
-=X