[Sidefx-houdini-list] ndc to world matrix

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:16:48 EDT 2010

Some questions below:

On 1 August 2010 21:02, katrin schmid <Katisss at gmx.de> wrote:

> so i try compositng WorldToCamera from this book for a start
>

> http://books.google.com.au/books?id=jXmJqzQgdY8C&pg=PA375&lpg=PA375&dq=worldToCamera&source=bl&ots=xn94-vpnh3&sig=LboAGGX2oRAbsbf0eIRdDkUOTiQ&hl=en&ei=hApWTISjIIzqvQPyjJUZ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEsQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=worldToCamera&f=false
>
> Anyone knows if its a good plan?

Not sure what you are trying to achieve. If it's just feature extraction,
then there are edge detect COPs in the Houdini compositor. Are you trying to
write a new COP? (The link above pulled up a blank page - they must shuffle
the stuff you can't read.)

> Im also not quite sure what the matrix values
> viewport.saveViewToCamera(cam)

What is the viewport object? Is that the object returned by a
toolutils.activePane() calll?

> xform = cam.worldTransform()

This one just returns a standard Houdini matrix4 object (row major)
representing the world position of the "cam" object...

Cheers