[Sidefx-houdini-list] Flamethrower effect help?

Raymond Chua raylistic87 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 20:44:38 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
Recently, I am trying to create a flamethrower effect in Houdini but I faced
a few issues.

I am trying use pyro tools to create the effects and I have 2 questions for
now.
How do I get the flames to turn into smoke after a certain frames, rise up
in the air and vanish?

I understand that the pryo solver uses a layer for fire and another for
smoke.

Another question is that since my flamethrower effect is coming off from a
"gun", how to make it so that it looks like it is "shooting out"?

Hopefully, someone can give me some assistance. Thanks! =)

Regards,
Ray