[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini IA-64?

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 03:26:28 EDT 2010

Yup. Itanium is totally different. I had one of the original merced IA64 1st gen workstations, big problem was that running non ia64 apps was unreasonably slow, although I think more recent generations fixed this.

I vaguely remember attempting to run houdini on it, pretty sure there was a build for it at some point years back. if Im right there a small chance I still have the package, but i have no idea where it would be so seriously doubt I can find it.

wasnt there a ia64 8.1 build? Im also fairly sure they were *nix builds, I could be wrong though.....