[Sidefx-houdini-list] Forward Kinematics in Houdini

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:39:25 EDT 2010

Continuing with the rigging talk ...
Now Ihave replicate the same behaviour as Maya constraints, well some of
them, using chops.
But I want to know how the *Look a*t parameter in objects works. Seems that
is saving the transform in the PreTranform of the object.
Without the Look At the rotation handler appears properly aligned to the
object origin, but when using a look at object this origin changes but the
rotation handler, aligned to object, doesn´t look to be aligned, so I am
guessing this transformation is happening in the PreTransform. Am I all
right????
Thanks

2010/4/30 Edward Lam <edward at sidefx.com>

> Pablo Giménez wrote:
> >> The bone object has a "Kinematic Solver" parameter that indicates the
> >> path to the InverseKin CHOP to use for its rotations when computing its
> >> local transform. By doing so, this frees the Bone's regular rotation
> >> parameter for FK keyframe animation.
> >>
> > Makes sense.
> > So the blend parameter controls when the bone will use the rotations from
> > CHOP  or from its own rotations, isn't it?
>
> Effectively, yes. When the Kinematic Solver parameter is specified, the
> Bone will always cook with values from the CHOP. The InverseKin CHOP
> will blend between the bone's FK rotations with its own solved rotations.
>
> -Edward

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez