[Sidefx-houdini-list] Disable point display for ghost object

Alex Lim list at poh-yee.com
Fri Apr 30 16:33:28 EDT 2010

Yep, knew about the display option and tried that before. This only
works for the current SOP context.

Converting point to particles will work too.

Alternatively, as I thought more about it, one can set the the display
flag to null, and then the actual things you want to look at would be
set to template. Finally, under display option, turn on the point/number
display for the template. This would be exactly what I am looking for,
albeit the extra steps.

Thanks a bunch!
Alex

On 4/30/10 12:30 PM, Robert Kelly wrote:
> Another trick that may or may not apply is to append an add sop and
> tick "Add Particle System" Then the points will display in the
> viewport coloured when point display is turned off. I was working on
> Invictus whitch had a point per persion in the crowd... we spent all
> day looking at point clouds and only towards the end did i stumble
> accross the "Add Particle System" trick. to think we could have been
> looking at coloured dots all that time.
>
> On 30 April 2010 12:24, Andrew D Lyons<tstexture at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Have you played with the "Display Options" / "Guides and Markers" /
>> "Set Display options for" dropdown?
>>
>> You should be able to turn on point display for selected only.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On 30 April 2010 12:21, Alex Lim<list at poh-yee.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello. Does anyone know if there is an option (including fiddling with
>>> config file) to allow for the display of geometry's point inside the
>>> current SOP context only, but have the points display turned off for
>>> "Ghost Other Objects" and "Show All Objects"? At times I find it quite
>>> annoying when I just wanted to see how the points in current Objects are
>>> behaving by checking against geometry in other Objects, but
>>> unfortunately, turning on point display will turn everything on for
>>> other objects as well...
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Alex