[Sidefx-houdini-list] image based fracturing

Kursad Karatas gonderici at plecxus.com
Fri Apr 30 09:58:39 EDT 2010

Hi

I do not know how your source image looks like or how complicated it is
but it might be just easier to save every piece of crack in the source
image as separate sequential images without changing the image
ratio.Then use trace sop on all images. Once you have clean separate
pieces, it should be easy to merge all the traced pieces into a single
geometry with individual centers.

Another way to deal with the crack source image is using some vector
drawing application to trace your image. This way you might be able to
create a better and cleaner source. Most of those apps
will export .ai(Illustrator) which you can import into Houdini. I know
that Inkscape(free) does have a nice image tracer.

cheers

kursad