[Sidefx-houdini-list] Forward Kinematics in Houdini

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:02:00 EDT 2010

Hi.
Looking at the implementation of forward kinematics in Houdini, and
comparing with Maya.
What is the reason because FK is implemented as individuals IK per bone????
No kinetamitcs in Houdini is like FK in Maya, why this different
implementation, pros and cons???
The only eason I can think about is to enable to animate FK using
translations of effectors or goal nulls rather than directly rotate the bone
itself. Whata re the benefits of this point?
I am very new to rigging, so sorry if I am missinbg something.
Thanks

--
Un saludo
Best Regards