[Sidefx-houdini-list] Curve from Particle

Steve Tucker Steve.Tucker at Starz.com
Thu Apr 29 14:04:14 EDT 2010

You could either split particles, and use the parent id attribute to create trails, or you could do a similar thing using a trail sop to get your tails (either way you'd want to use an add to create a curve out of the points)

 - Steve

Stephen Tucker, VFX Artist
p: 416.682.5200 x 5363  | f: 416.682.5209
Starz Media Canada Co. | 230 Richmond Street East | Toronto, ON M5A 1P4
www.starzanimation.com

-----Original Message-----
From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com [mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of jon parker
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:52 PM
To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] Curve from Particle

Use an Add SOP.
But first, in your POP net, be sure you've created an "origin"
attribute (in the split POP I believe).  In your Add node in the
Points tab, check "Delete geometry but keep the points".  Then in the
Polygons, By Group tab change the Add parameter to "by attribute", and
set the "attribute name" to "origin.  This should give you your
curves.  You can then convert them to NURBS, change the pscale, etc...
further down the chain.
-Jon