[Sidefx-houdini-list] Question about visualizing flows

Alex Czetwertynski alex at franktheplumber.com
Fri Apr 23 18:26:41 EDT 2010

I'm trying to achieve an effect similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTeiz_f1iY&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6yB90vno1E&feature=related

I thought I would be able to do this with volume fluids easily, but I
was wrong.
I noticed that when you have a smoke volume colliding with an RBD
object and you visualize certain fields you will see similar effects.
However how would you render those visualizations?  Do you have to
advect particles and add a polywire to them or just a lot of motion
blur?

Thanks
Alex