[Sidefx-houdini-list] set intial state in dops

Erika Salatiello tictacer at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 18:03:32 EDT 2010

Particle fluids or level set fluids?

I know all are possible for particle fluid objects.  You can set initial velocity on the particle fluid object, to set the other parameters you need to dive down into the fluid object node (2 levels down I think) and change the defaults.  You may also want to considering doing an initial state/settle sim to get the particles to compress into place, write that out and then read it back in and start your sim w/ that.

I can give you more specifics of how I did all this but it was H9 and I'm not sure if H10 has newer buttons and gadgets that are easier....

Erika