[Sidefx-houdini-list] Smorganic

Ozgur Yılmaz eoyilmaz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 04:02:30 EDT 2010

Pablo, if you can download the videos in their site, you can actually see
the thin layer of particles that they are talking about. So it doesn't seem
to me like that they are doing some trick in surfacing phase, but instead
they are filling new particles in specific places, specifically the places
where the holes are going to form.

As they have explained in the interview, this places where a hole is going
to form actually can be found by calculating the divergences of the
particles. I haven't tested this idea though, so I'm sure there are some
other things that they keep as a secret.

I've generated particles where the density gets lower a threshold, but as
the Fusion CI guys said there are sudden explosions when you do something
like that. So you also need to keep track of the inner pressure to prevent
explosions in the simulation.

So the whole idea should be something like that, calculate each particles
divergence, and if the divergence goes below a threshold (may be negative
divergence is enough, I need to check it), then check the pressure at that
position and if the pressure goes also below a threshold emit a new particle
at this position, and may inherit the attributes from the neighbour
particles ( again I haven't tested anything). Though, these are bare ideas,
this Monday I'm going to look at these ideas, when I get back to work.

Cheers.

E.Ozgur Yilmaz
Lead Technical Director
www.ozgurfx.com