[Sidefx-houdini-list] particle formats: what is the best free/open format to go maya to houdini?

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Tue Apr 13 20:18:04 EDT 2010

Not sure I'm clear on exactly what your trying to do, but we've had
really good luck using FBX to go back and forth between houdini and
maya-

On Apr 13, 2010, at 8:07 PM, katrin schmid wrote:

> hi,
> i was wondering if anyone has insight or experience what is the
> best free/open format to go from maya to houdini on back?
> We were considering maya .mc and point oven .mdd but not so sure
> they are open formats.
> We are trying to write code that already exists... Are there any
> other formats worth considering?
> Best Regards,
> katrin

Jed Schwartz
Creative Director
Jed Schwartz Productions
jed at jedschwartz.com
http://www.jedschwartz.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are
prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in
this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.