[Sidefx-houdini-list] particle formats: what is the best free/open format to go maya to houdini?

katrin schmid Katisss at gmx.de
Tue Apr 13 20:07:18 EDT 2010

hi,
i was wondering if anyone has insight or experience what is the best free/open format to go from maya to houdini on back?
We were considering maya .mc and point oven .mdd but not so sure they are open formats.
We are trying to write code that already exists... Are there any other formats worth considering?
Best Regards,
katrin