[Sidefx-houdini-list] volume from sops in dops?

Louis Dunlevy louisdunlevy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:44:29 EDT 2010

It looks like some resampling needs to happen to get volumes into a
happy place in dops, mainly because sdfs don't support rotation. Maybe
I'm about to get flamed here but that's my understanding of it...

The volume dop has a sopgeo input and a volume sample mode for example,
not sure if that's useful in your case as it's more for rbd stuff but it
might be worth having a look at. The divisions are computed based on the
voxel size of the source volume rather than using the resolution so you
should be guaranteed to get the same density of samples although that's
not very obvious.

Soo.. lots of clever stuff going on but is it extra undue cooking in
your case and extra memory? err... dunno!

Cheers