[Sidefx-houdini-list] volume from sops in dops?

Steve Gustafson sgustafso at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 19:30:15 EDT 2010

You could use volume* expressions to pull the settings from the volume and
plug that into a SOP Vector Field DOP so that it at least automatically
recreates the volume data in the exact same format as you have it in SOPs.
But if it's memory usage that you're concerned about, I don't think there's
a way to copy the data into a DOP data field without having Houdini recreate
the whole thing. Even working through the HDK, I think you'd have to
duplicate the volume data.
Hope I'm wrong.