[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point instanced, delayed load particles, rendered with motion blur?

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 17:59:44 EDT 2010

Hi Peeps

I am making a shot of debris from an explosion. I tried to load the
chunks as delayed loaded, point instances and they rendered fine
except without motion blur. i tinkered about with many settings and i
eventually reduced the res of the chunks and copy stamped them on.

On my way to trying to get it to work i made quickly moving cubes in
the scene that had correct blur along with the point instance rendered
chunks that had long streaks  that ware > 5 times longer than the
distance traveled in the previous frame. I am guessing i have to do
something with the motion file in the mantra delayed load shader.

The shot is working now with the more standard copy stamped geometry
but i still want to know what I need to do to get the delayed load,
point instanced, particle method to work in future.

RObert.