[Sidefx-houdini-list] change geometry w/out triangulating

Sean.Lewkiw at cis-vancouver.com Sean.Lewkiw at cis-vancouver.com
Tue Apr 6 13:36:39 EDT 2010

Would it be difficult to build the same model from scratch or edit the
existing one to add detail (or clean-up) for a single rest frame?

If you could do this, you can then take the fugly deforming model, store
point positions in colour, transfer these point positions to your static
fugly geo, then do an attribute transfer to your new clean geo, then
finally use a point SOP to move your nice clean geo so that it matches the
fugly geo's point position.

If that's not clear, I can send an example.

Sean

--
Sean Lewkiw - Digital FX Supervisor
CIS Vancouver