[Sidefx-houdini-list] change geometry w/out triangulating

Erika Salatiello tictacer at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 17:51:46 EDT 2010

Thanks Ivan/Floyd - I was sitting there going damnit if this were nurbs it would be easier - lol - duh.  (Does it count that it was Monday here??)

I am using the cloth solvers to do plastic deformation stuff and the cloth tools are topology based so I need to be able to work with as clean and accurate a model as possible.  The original object had tons of edges in Y and only 2 in X  so I need to add detail in X and get rid of it in Y.  When I point consolidate it'll force triangulation instead of just grabbing the closest Y points and make a mess of the topology.

I think converting it to nurbs will work well, and then just being patient for my proxy geo  :)

Floyd! How on earth is Japan?  And the bird?  hehe.  Mr Burns is back in SF with babysitters :(