[Sidefx-houdini-list] change geometry w/out triangulating

Simon Barrick simon at primalpictures.com
Mon Apr 5 05:04:43 EDT 2010

I'm not aware of any tool that will let you reduce poly counts without triangulation. You could do it manually by selecting and dissolving edge loops. You might also need the facet sops remove inline points to clean up before any further subdividing operations.
Also never seen a subdivide operation that will let you choose the direction of subdivision. However if you have nice regular patches you can convert to meshes and do all manner of operations to increase or decrease the resolution in u and v.