[Sidefx-houdini-list] Some hom question

Sheldon Serrao emailsheldon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:42:59 EDT 2010

I apologize if these questions have been answered before.

1) When I query the position of a point on a geometry, how can I get
the world space of that point? I tried geo.prims() but it gives me in
the local space. If the user is going to have multiple objects on the
top level it would be hard to actually traverse all transformations.
2) Right now I am trying to rescale my vector like so:
vec = hou.Vector3((3,3,3))
vec[0] /= 3
vec[1] /= 3
vec[2] /= 3
this is a lazy request but it would be nice to have a vec /= 3
3) just like a scatter sop, how can one say "ok delete all incoming
geometry but only output a single point for me?"
4) how can I get the incoming geometry data from the input of my
python sop geometry node? If I have 3 inputs for example, how can I
ask hom to give me geometry from input2 or input3?

Cheers :)
Sheldon