[Sidefx-houdini-list] program procedural format?

Alex Lim list at poh-yee.com
Tue Oct 27 17:14:40 EDT 2009

Hello,

There seemed to be little documentation or example as to how one would
write a Mantra program procedural... While I have gotten it to work by
reading in ASCII geometry, but what I am curious is whether or not there
are any way I can read from the stream to further control how the
geometry should be generated? For example, getting the position of every
point inside SOP and vary my geometry according to this position.

Or is the program procedural simply generate anything that is in GEO or
IFD format will suffice?

I know Mark Story has written an excellent cluster dso, but I am doing
things here mainly just for academic exercises. Anyways, I am just
starting to dive into it for the moment, and inputs are always
appreciated as always! :)

Thanks again!
Alex