[Sidefx-houdini-list] Attributes not exporting to FBX

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 14:53:42 EDT 2009

I have N and V attributes on my changing topology geometry I want to export to FBX and bring into Maya.  I have tried both Point and Vertex Attributes for N and V, but they don't seem to be exporting to the .fbx file.  (I tried importing the resultant .fbx to Houdini and to Maya and there seems to be no Attributes on the mesh whatsoever...).

Are attributes like N and V only supported for non-changing topology meshes?

One other FBX question:  In exporting geometry to FBX and reimporting it into Houdini I notice the FBX geometry animation is shifted by one frame compared to the source geometry.  Is this a bug?

H10.0.295 on Linux.

Thanks,
Craig