[Sidefx-houdini-list] munging IFD files

Drew Whitehouse Drew.Whitehouse at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 21 00:00:30 EDT 2009

Hi people,
Is there any "robust" way to extract/modify every filename-like attribute in
an IFD file ? Can it be done with mantra filters ? Can it be done quickly in
a way that doesn't involve parsing / loading the (possibly huge) binary
chunks in the IFD file ?

I'm looking for a way to make IFD files transportable from one render farm
to another. We've been doing it heuristically with python scripts, but with
the new SOHO drivers they're now broken and I'd like to do it again, and
more correctly this time. Any ideas ?

Cheers,
Drew

--