[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDA radio folder tab parm

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 16:10:34 EDT 2009

Im not sure if I am missing something but it would seem that what i want to do would be readily possible, although the "how to" is escaping me.

Basically, Op Type Props allow several modes for a folder via the "Folder Type" pull down box. I would like to use the "radio buttons." Such a gui element usually provides exclusive selection similar to a switch. So, i would like to attatch it to one.

in the subnet I have say 3 nodes and each has a subset of parms promoted and linked to a tab on the subnet, 1 tab for each respective node. In the subnet, all 3 are wired to a switch.

I would like the tab selection to also move the switch such that tab0 moves the switch to the 0 position and tab1 to 1 position and so on.... an hscript command to query selcted tab and set the switch is easy enough, but where does a call back function go for the tab switching event/how is that event qureried/broadcasted?

it would seem like a logical use for such a gui element, unless the only difference between the radio and plain folder is intended to be purely aethetic... any ideas?

-Dan S [eyevex]