[Sidefx-houdini-list] Addying a parameter using python

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:31:52 EDT 2009

You can add spare parms through HOM as described above. asCode helps a
lot. You can get the parmTemplate() for any parm or parm tuple, and
then run asCode() on that to see what generates it (with some
exceptions).

There's a flag on the HDA definition that will store spare parms in
the HDA. They remain spare parms though - and a query with isSpare()
will return True - even though they are technically now part of the
definition.