[Sidefx-houdini-list] Addying a parameter using python

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:18:47 EDT 2009

Adding parameters is pretty easy and there are examples in the documentation
I believe. Unfortunately adding one through Python results in nothing
special.  Same result as adding it through the Operator Type Properties
dialog.  It will be able to be changed through the dialog just like any
other.  The only parameters that you cannot modify/delete are base
parameters; the ones that must be associated with a particular node.  You
may be able to make it a base parm later by modifying it through editing the
Dialog Script, but I don't remember how well that worked when I tried it
last.