[Sidefx-houdini-list] Simple cloth question

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 10:17:54 EST 2009

Hi,

I am having difficulties seaming cloth correctly. This is a simple cloth example I give my students where I stitch together a hexagon (derived from a Circle SOP) and a unit grid.

Previous times I have done this example I have created the seam at SOP level using the Cloth Create Seam SOP, passed it down into DOPs and used a Cloth Stitch Constraint DOP to join the edges. When I do this in H9.5 however the seam is stitched together fine, but the seam does not respond to any world forces. When I apply gravity or a fan force for example, the seam remains locked in space while the rest of the cloth happily moves.

I have also tried using the (undocumented) Cloth Stitch Seams DOP, however the effect is still the same. This problem happens on both Linux and XP.

What has changed with these cloth operators? Is there a way around this?

Kind regards,

Phil.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/NCCADigitalFX

The UK's no. 1 new university