[Sidefx-houdini-list] wires dynamic problem

Guillaume Laforge guillaume at alamaison.fr
Thu Jan 15 13:15:12 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm working on a simple DOP wire simulation. The setup is just one curve
(rather long).
At SOP level, the root of the curve is constrained on a keyframe animation.
In my DOP network, I'm using "Use Deforming Geometry" in the Wire Object.
I use a SBD Pin Constraint on the root points ( 0-3 ) and then check
"Constrain To Animation" to keep
the SOP animation on the 0-3 points.

My problem is that I can't find a way to avoid some stretching between
the pin points and the first point moved by the wire solver.
To limit the stretching, I set a high value on the Linear Spring
Constant. It works fine for all the points, except
between the "pin points" and the "solved points".

Any tips to stop this stretching is welcome.

Cheers

--
Guillaume Laforge
3d Technical Director