[Sidefx-houdini-list] render farms, pipelines and file systems

jiversen jiversen at rhythm.com
Fri Jan 9 12:11:22 EST 2009

The 3Delight "network cache" thing reminds me of /cachefs/, something
we're starting to use here at R+H.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CacheFS

This will cache network data locally, but obviously not just for
rendering. We're hoping to accelerate OTL loading with it and also cache
the Houdini installation and setup itself.