[Sidefx-houdini-list] Time warp woes solved

gravatar at gravatonia.com gravatar at gravatonia.com
Thu Jan 8 10:51:29 EST 2009

Hey all,
    I figured out a solution working on Nick's second suggestion.  When pulling
from the Popmerge you don't need the cache or timeblend nodes if you use
sufficient oversampling to get smooth motion with timewarp.  I've never needed to
use this parm, so did not think of this, but as I was playing with solution 2 I
made the intuitive leap.  The trick is that the the over sample value must be the
same as the slow down ratio...  IE Over sample value of 3 for one third speed.
In theory, with something like 1:2.5 speed you would need to multiply the that
number until you get a whole number and that number is the over sample value you
need.  Me, I am going to keep it simple.  Been beating my head on this enough.
Hope this helps someone else who might run across this problem.  Thanks for the
suggestions.  Would not have thought of this with out them.

Grav

On Wed Jan  7 16:50 , <gravatar at gravatonia.com> sent: