[Sidefx-houdini-list] shelves - prevent writing into custom version

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 01:17:27 EST 2009

Good question, this is a real problem in Maya too apparently.

For a lot of config files you can add .nosave suffix that prevents
artists from modifying the config file, hopefully that works with
Shelves.

For any *nix production pipeline making it read-only is a viable
option though, I'd think.

Cheers,

Peter B